Show contents, with start times:
- Famous Frame: E.T. (1:54)
- Trivia Question: Michael Bay Remake (7:47)
- Second Take: Ratatouille (8:19)
- Top 6: Movies You’d Like To See Remade (16:46)
- Director Spotlight: Coen Brothers, Part 2 (38:10)
- Closing: Trivia Answer, Preview of Next Week (59:50)
Press the Play button below to listen to the podcast, or the Download link to save it. Here’s how you can download new episodes automatically.
Famous Frame: E.T.
Remember that shot from E.T. with Elliot and E.T. on the bike in front of the Moon? Remember how we did this segment once before? Well, one of two ain’t bad.
Trivia Question: Michael Bay Remake
While not officially credited as a remake of a terrible film featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the episode is quite good), the producers of this big budget sci-fi flick (that Sam actually likes) settled a copyright infringement lawsuit with the filmmakers of the awful MST3K-featured film. The two are fairly different in execution but have strikingly similar stories.
Second Take: Ratatouille
Who’d have thought that a movie about a cooking rat could be such a delight? Actually, we did, but only because we expect so much from Pixar and writer/director Brad Bird. Whether this is the best Pixar film or not, we both agree it’s a stunningly great movie that should really be seen on the big screen to be best enjoyed.
Top 6: Movies You’d Like To See Remade
Director Spotlight: Coen Brothers, Part 2
Joel and Ethan Coen are responsible for one of the more interesting filmographies in history:
- Blood Simple (1984)
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Miller’s Crossing (1990)
- Barton Fink (1991)
- The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)
- Fargo (1996)
- The Big Lebowski (1998)
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001)
- Intolerable Cruelty (2003)
- The Ladykillers (2004)