We’ve got something a little different for Episode 21’s Top 6 list, because it’s about movies you can’t see and will never be able to see.
Movies that were never made count. There are plenty of situations where a movie was in the process of being made and, for some reason, was never completed. There is always a chance that a movie with a troubled production might finally come together. But we’re talking about specific incarnations of a film that will absolutely never exist.
Lost films also count — movies that were made but subsequently lost or destroyed, and no known copies are likely to exist. Of course, there’s always a chance that a lost film will be recovered, but we’re (unfortunately) pretty sure about the ones we’ve chosen for our lists.
What movies do you want to see that you’ll never be able to?
As always, we recommend listening to the episode before reading further.
- The full cut of Greed (1924)
- The original cut of The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
- Terry Gilliam’s Watchmen
- A version of AI (2001) made before Stanley Kubrick’s death
- Quentin Tarantino’s Vega Brothers
- Steven Spielberg’s James Bond film
- The completed Queen Kelly (1929)
- Stanley Kubrick’s Napoleon biopic
- The lost film London After Midnight (1927)
- The Property of a Lady (1991)
- James Cameron’s Spider-Man
- The completed I, Claudius (1937)